To develop, implement and manage the maintenance of all equipment and physical structures in compliance with resort standards as well as local, state and national codes and regulations in order to protect the asset, guests and colleagues, minimize expenses and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Manage the physical plant including equipment, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, water, electrical and safety systems
- Hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel engineering colleagues
- Conduct performance and salary reviews, resolving problems, providing open communication vehicles, discipline and terminations appropriate
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget, capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a four star property and management's expectations
- Develop, implement and direct all Emergency Programs
- Ensure compliance with all safety and building codes and regulations
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Ensure that service orders from guests are fulfilled in a courteous and timely manner
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of facilities to recommend or arrange for repairs, renovations, etc.
- Create and maintain ongoing project plans, meeting goals and deadlines, while ensuring the highest level of product and service
- Negotiate contracts with and oversee general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed for minimal cost
- Establish and manages effective Preventative Maintenance and Rooms Maintenance programs
- Monitor and ensure employee compliance with key control policies