Human Resources Recruiter
Georgia Highlands College
|Job Description Summary
The Human Resource Recruiter assists with all aspects of full-cycle recruitment for all regular full-time/part-time faculty, staff and administrators, with the ultimate goal of finding the most qualified, interested and affordable applicants. Develops and maintains relationships with department administrators and hiring managers, and educates faculty and staff regarding HR policies and procedures. Builds a pipeline of applicants and maintains relationships with qualified candidates and contacts.
There is flexibility in determining the home campus (office location) for this position.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in Human Resources Management or a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
• Proven networking and applicant sourcing experience.
• Prefer familiarity with higher education recruiting, employment law and compensation management.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Networks, sources and screens all levels of applicants; consults with hiring managers to establish quarterly recruiting objectives and develop a corresponding recruiting strategy.
• Consults with department hiring managers and/or administrators regarding newly posted vacant positions; discusses internal and external recruitment strategies; drafts advertisements and recommends appropriate advertising sources (print publications, internet job sites, professional associations, etc.).
• Partners with hiring managers to develop concise and accurate job descriptions for posted vacancies.
• Consults with external compensation consultants to properly classify new, or newly designed, positions; makes appropriate salary recommendations (based on applicants’ level of experience, position salary range and internal equity considerations).
• Facilitates and participates in selection committee interviews with candidates, hiring managers and other hiring department constituents.
• Serves as the primary contact for candidates throughout the recruitment process (i.e. communicates status, answers questions, extends offers, schedules start dates and coordinates follow up efforts).
• Meets with internal applicants regarding transfers/promotional opportunities within the institution; assesses internal applicants’ qualifications for vacant positions.
• Ensures that all internal transfers and external candidates complete the proper background screening
• Maintains contact with employment and various community, employment-related agencies; attends college career fairs, consortium and related events to continually build a pipeline of quality applicants. Develops and uses proven, cost-effective recruitment strategies to fill open positions and build relationships and serves as the point of contact all things recruitment oriented.
• Organizes and attends recruiting events.
• Maintains a recruiting database and responds to employment inquiries; creates recruiting reports and manages statistics.
• Maintains, strengthens and builds relationships with sources for higher education applicants.
• Assists with on-boarding new employees.
• Conducts exit interviews and assists with terminations.
• Participates and/or leads special projects
• Other duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office products, HR systems)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees
• Energy and interest in attracting top talent for a progressive, engaging and growing higher education institution
• Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
• Excellent customer focus
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail