Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. (TNA), located in White, Georgia, offers a compelling value proposition for anyone who is interested in a fast-paced work environment where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to grow professionally. TNA is the only tire manufacturing plant in North America for Toyo Tire & Rubber Company and is its flagship production facility. Competitive pay and benefits along with shift schedules that offer a greater work/life balance are just a few of our attractive features. At TNA, you also have the opportunity to work in a world-class, state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, environmentally conscious production facility located within an easy commute of metropolitan Atlanta and Chattanooga.
TNA offers a very competitive benefits package that includes medical and prescription drug plans as well as dental and vision coverage. Other benefits include employee and dependent life insurance, a short and long term disability plan, 401(k), paid vacation, and a tire purchase plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and develops policies and procedures for any IT needs of the company.
- Act as the escalation point for any IT issues for 24x7 highly automated manufacturing environment.
- Meets with IT team to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
- Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on work load.
- Reviews daily logs and reports to detect recurring slowdowns or errors.
- Consults with software and hardware vendors and TNA team members to solve problems impeding computer processing.
- Meets with users to determine quality of service and identify needs.
- Meets with necessary take holders to determine impact of proposed changes in hardware or software on computer operations and service to users.
- Evaluates new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software and hardware.
- Evaluates proposed system projects to assess adequacy of existing hardware, and recommends purchase of equipment.
- Plan and execute application strategy, hosting strategy, and data protection strategies.
- Develops budget and monitors expenditures.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Effectively communicates with peers, team members, customers (internal and external), suppliers, and technical staff.
- Ensure performance evaluations and counseling sessions are conducted in a timely and constructive manner.
- Translate company objectives in EHS, 5-S, quality (ISO), and production into action plans.
- Interprets company policies to team members and enforces safety regulations.
- Work with Human Resources Department to hire, train, and develop Maintenance personnel in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Coordinates duties and activities of IT team to meet production requirements
Provides leadership and coaching to the IT team. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Five or more years related leadership experience in diverse Information Technology roles supporting a modern, high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Willingness to understand tire manufacturing processes and how computer systems integrate with the production equipment operations, and positively impact continuous improvements of manufacturing execution system’s reliability and functionality.
- Management experience in directing both daily operations and major project work. Direct leadership roles in launching new systems, hardware, and processes.
- Must be willing and able to work major national holidays onsite, supervising application and/or infrastructure upgrade work with ownership