"As Needed" Part Time Instructor - Physics/Physical Science
Georgia Highlands College
|Job Description Summary
Faculty part time position in a multi-site college in the University System of Georgia. Reporting to the division chair, the faculty member’s primary responsibility is preparing for and delivering instruction of lectures and/or labs.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Master’s degree required.
• Must have 18 semester hours and 18 semester hours in the discipline.
• Experience instructing in a laboratory setting.
• Experience using classroom and laboratory technology is a plus.
• Adopts and implements common course objectives as required by the division and discipline
• Manages courses through systematic use of appropriate syllabi and accurate, professional records of students’ class performance, attendance and grades
• Appropriate office hours are needed.
• Be familiar with academic advising process
• Engages in functions of evidence-based academic and program assessment, as required for accreditation, college compliance, and continuous review and improvement of student learning outcomes
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Special Instructions To Applicants
Attach unofficial transcripts with the application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.